The MD-500 moisture and density analyser has the capacity to deliver readings from coffee cherries, parchment, green beans, and roasted beans. With easy-to-use functionality, a simple switch enables you to change between the modes depending on what you are measuring. The MD-500 has unique weight calibration to obtain accurate density readings that are measured within 0.5%. The last 100 analysis results are automatically stored on the MD-500's internal memory for quick referencing. These results can also be downloaded directly to your computer via the included USB cable.
Why do I need a Moisture and Density Analyser?
The density analyser reflects hardness of coffee beans. From a roaster?s perspective, knowing the moisture content of beans and cherries is a key component in providing critical information surrounding shrinkage percentage of beans before they are roasted. It also helps determine the storage environment of the beans by checking the moisture level of roasted and green beans, which affects cupping quality.
Click here to download the Flyer.
- Accuracy: +/- 0.5% for moisture content and 1.2g/L for density
- Repeatability: 0.20% for moisture content
- Measurement Range: 1 to 40% mc depends on bean types
- Operating Environment: 5 to 40 degrees Celsius
- Dimensions (main unit): 212(L) x 150(W) x 202(H)mm
- Dimensions (funnel): 139(D) x 90(H)mm or 5.4"(D) x 3.5"(H)
- Weight: 1050 g or 2.3 lbs
- Power Supply: AC 110V/220V to 5V OR 3.7V/2300 mAh Lithium battery
- Charging Time (0 to 100%): 6.5 hrs
- Working Hour: 20 hrs continuous working per fully charge
- Sample Cell: 250ml Volume, 50-240g
- Data Output to PC: micro USB cable